Who's the Trouble Maker???


So I went riding with Matthew Powell yesterday; me on the RT and him on the Triumph Triple. There was a long line, probably a mile, of traffic stopped on a two lane road with a dashed yellow line. The oncoming lane was clear. I said to Matthew that we should , since we have a broken yellow, 'pass' the traffic. With a little goading, he was into it and off we went. Once we got to the end, we saw an accident and a policman was directing traffic in the one open lane. We quickly ducked back in line, me in front of a truck and he behind the truck.
Once we got close, I saw the cop looking at me and I gave him a wave and got a wave back. I then pulled over in a parking lot once we were past the scene. Matthew comes up to me and says, "Did that cop yell at you for passing all the traffic"? "No", I said, he waved at me!
What we figure happened was that the big faring and headlight of the RT blocked the cop's view of the naked Triumph and he only saw one bike passing. Then, when we approach, he sees two bikes. Well, he must have decided that the mild mannered BMW rider must have been in line and it was the Triumph leather racing suit rider who was the troublemaker! Boy was Matthew pissed. But hey, I said he got what he deserved, riding a hooligan bike like that!
Now, you Triumph fans out there will recognize the Triumph Triple. Matthew let me ride it (only had 400 miles on it--what was he thinking??). WOW! This thing is like sitting on a bull, holding the horns. 125 or so horses on a light, naked bike. The engine just growls with unbridled power, like the Tasmanian Devil trying to break free of chains! WOW, I say again. What a screaming machine, and just beautiful. Oh my, oh my, what do I do now.......

Comments

GatorGetterGal said…
Geez Rob, this sounds an awful lot like our last ride where you blew ahead and left poor Bob (and a long line fo others) to be berated by the nasty Nazi trucker guy. Am I seeing a pattern here? This is worrisome to me since John is on his way to meet you now. Let's see what stories will be told after this weekend...
Robo said…
Thanks Lisa for letting your HUSBAND come and play. I had a great time.

Best stories:

1) We took a one way road in the Smokies that was sometimes no wider than a sidewalk!

2)My favorite food: Italian, of course!
GatorGetterGal said…
I heard that you guys had a great trip, even though there was quite a bit of rain at times. Tuni said he'd never let you live down the Italian food thing. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Fall Ride in NC with the Bumble Bee

Thanks for the invite!