Motorcycle Riding Foundation

Hi all,

I just wanted to put in a good word for the riding course I took from the Motorcycle Safety Foundation. Scott Nelson, one of the ABIOBIKERS, is an instructor. The course was 4 hours class Friday night, all day Saturday (about 1/2 day on the bikes), then all day Sunday on the bikes. Sunday ended with the riding exam and then the written exam. It was $100 from the local community college. Even for guys like me who have been riding a long time, I found that I learned a lot. I had serveral bad habits to break. You ride their bikes so you don't have to worry about having your own or damaging your own (people do fall). It also allows you to get your motorcycle endorsement w/o taking the riding exam at DMV. I highly recommend it:

http://www.msf-usa.org/

Robo

Comments

wantucce said…
I to took the a motorcycle safety course at a local community college. This was in 2001, shortly before flying to Maui where I planned on riding a big bike for the first time. I was concerned as I did not have a reservation. I was lucky as someone did not show up and I got their spot. I rode when I was younger and did not think that there was much to it. Was I wrong. I learned so much. I want to take an advanced class this year. If you have never taken one, please consider it.

Popular posts from this blog

Thanks for the invite!

ABioBikers West - 1st Ride to Alice's Restaurant