Movin' on Up...

Well, I have finally decided on a new bike. This 2005 Honda VTX 1300 was just too sweet to pass up. I'm afraid I can't offer any apologies to the sportbike and touring bike fans out there who weren't shy in their attempts to lead me astray, 'cause this bike was just me--a cruiser with a seat low enough for my stumpy legs, a big step up in power from my Shadow 600, manueverable enough for me it seems, and cherry red, to boot!
I did test ride a 2004 Victory Vegas which was smooth as silk, powerful (of course) and even had throaty Van Ness custom pipes which I loved. But it was an awkward ride, I found, and nearly gave me a 2nd degree burn on the right thigh when I sat at a red light. I guess the South Carolina summer doesn't go well with this kind of bike.
As soon as I got my new 1300 home from Summerville, where John and I picked it up, I gave it a good wash, wax and shine and snapped this pic for ya'll to see. I am really looking forward to our next ride. John and I are gonna plan a trip up to the mountains again in the Fall, probably around the first of October, to see the leaves turn and breathe in some of that fresh, crisp highland air. You're all welcome to join us.
Until then, Happy and Safe Motoring!

Comments

Robo said…
Very nice, Lisa. It will be fun to ride again with you and see you handling this very sweet machine. Keep me posted on the fall ride.

Right now I'm in NY heading to Niagara Falls on Sunday and then making a long ride home on Monday.

Rob
wantucce said…
Lisa,

Sweet! Nice to see another VTX on the site. I am sure that you will find that it handles a bit better than sport bike enthusiests would suspect. And you have a wind screen. I am thinking about it after switching bikes for a short period of time with FJR Guy. I could have read a book behind that windscreen. Nice and quiet. FJR Guy was complaining about the buffeting when he got off my X. I guess it just what you get used to.
Congrats and take care.

Chris
wantucce said…
For all of your VTX needs.
www.vtxoa.com

Popular posts from this blog

Thanks for the invite!

Possible last ride of the Season?