Barbers Race Museum


Just came back from the Barber Race Track and Museum in Birmingham. Great day for racing. The museum is worth a visit by itself. My favorites are the REALLY old, essentially motorized bicycles from the early 1900s (1910--1930). A Sears brand is pictured below. It had regular bike pedals and chain to get up to speed, then a manual clutch to engage the engine which used a sewn leather belt! Very cool. Cost about $170.

For those of you who are waiting to take a pot shot at BMW, I'll let you know my heated BMW vest burnt out on the way home forcing me to stop early and get a hotel. Now, it has a 3 year warranty and the dealer is refunding my money and giving me a different brand. Also, my darn gortex liner in my RevIt Pants delaminated and the 'gang of three' was quite wet in the rain. RevIT is taking care of that also. Finally, my darn IPOD crapped out. Still, it was a good trip and listening to your engine while screaming through the mountain roads is all the music you need.


Rob

Comments

wantucce said…
"Gang of three"??? Ok, Red Flag!!!!
I called RevIt and they said that the only thing to make the material delaminate was methane. Lay off the chili big guy and maybe your equipment will last longer.

Popular posts from this blog

Thanks for the invite!

ABioBikers West - 1st Ride to Alice's Restaurant